Thursday, December 30, 2010
A Dream

I feel like I need to write this down to remember the moment.

Two days ago, my brother came into my room in the morning, and told me about a dream he had. He said he dreamt that I was married and that I had a little girl who looked just like me. And when he woke up, he thought that it was for real. I was still half asleep and did not give much response to him. But after I became more awake, I thought about it, and felt it was really funny. First thing to ask, who's the guy? Of course, it was a typical dream, and he did not see his face.

"But I beat him, cause he was not nice to you."

Hahaha! My little brother! I am thankful that even in his dreams, he is protective of me.

Thinking about this, I feel like it is more of a nightmare (to me). Imagine me having a little girl, who looks just like me! My gosh! How is that going to work out? It's funny and scary at the same time. Pity my brother did not see my "husband's" face, if not, I'd know who to look out for (or avoid). I am not ready for anything.

Thinking about changing diapers and doing the whole motherly thing, milk, crying, poo, mess. All these seem at conflict with my ideal lifestyle. I would like a self-sufficient, self-provident, self-entertaining, self-cleaning-up-their-own-mess baby, if I do have one. Oh I sound so selfish here! I've noticed I'm turning into one of those people who don't like babies/children. I mean they're fun to play with, but not fun to clean up after.

I am pretty much against the idea of marriage, in all it's entirety. Marriage seems like such a tiring business, looking at how things have turned out around me. Not for me. Nope! At least, not now.


p.s. I sound like a selfish creature now, but I'm sure my opinions about things will change in the future. You always end up with what you were totally against in the first place. Oops! (cross-fingers! cross-fingers!) Jie please don't claim this.




Mr Darcy: You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you.

2:42 AM.